Jamie joined Hernandez Schaedel & Associates, LLP in 2006. Before becoming an attorney, she served as a law clerk for the firm throughout her law school career. Since joining us, she has contributed to several successful litigations and settlements. She also provides employment counseling to the firm’s clients on a variety of issues, including compliance and handbook and policy development. She has represented both plaintiffs and defendants in employment matters, contract disputes and business and partnership disputes. She has assisted individual clients and corporate clients in achieving favorable judgments, awards and settlements.
Her recent successes include: an award of all wages, reimbursements, penalties and interest by the California Labor Commissioner in favor of a misclassified employee and favorable settlement against a company and its lender for failure to pay severance and wages of two terminated executive employees. Her experience also includes successfully briefing a contract dispute matter before the US Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit; obtaining a preliminary injunction enjoining defendants from taking actions to undermine a pending arbitration; obtaining a temporary protective order and right to attach order against a client’s debtor owing in excess of $1,000,000 and multiple victories in the US District Court for the Middle District of Florida. She played an instrumental role in prevailing against one of California’s largest healthcare companies in a trade secrets matter. Jamie also has experience handling federal bankruptcy litigation matters.
Jamie graduated from the University of Southern California, Gould School of Law. While there, she served as Senior Editor for the Interdisciplinary Law Journal. She also served as historian for the Asian Pacific American Law Student Association and was a member of the Women’s Law Association. Jamie earned her B.A. from the University of California, San Diego in Political Science. While there, she served as President of Phi Alpha Delta and was a member of Phi Beta Kappa and Golden Key International. Prior to law school, she worked with the American Bar Association, Section of Dispute Resolution in Washington, D.C. as an intern.
Jamie currently serves as Chair for the firm’s Summer Associate Programming Committee and is a member of the Marketing Committee.
- Member, American Bar Association, Solo/Small Firms Section
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association, Barristers and Litigation Section
- Member, Pasadena Bar Association, Barristers and Employment Law Section
- Patrons Chair, Trojan Junior Auxiliary
- Member, Pasadena Young Professionals
- Basic California Wage & Hour for Employers and Social Media in the Workplace, Speaker, Automotive Service Council of California, Foothill Chapter 5, May 1, 2012
- Fair Labor Standards Act, Speaker, Lorman Education Services, January 15, 2013
- University of Southern California, J.D., 2008.
- University of California, San Diego, B.A., Political Science, cum laude, 2005.
- State of California
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit