HS&A’s select team of litigators identify and understand our clients’ goals and align our services to those goals. We perform an early case assessment with our clients to develop a litigation plan and assess costs. We have the experience, vigor and agility to execute the litigation plan with efficiency and client satisfaction.
We are trial attorneys experienced in presenting cases to juries when necessary and have appeared in federal and state courts throughout Southern California. We have litigated, arbitrated and mediated against well-resourced and large law firms in high-priority, high-value situations.
- Bankruptcy (Adversary Proceedings, Automatic Stays, Writs of Attachment)
- Breach of Contract
- Business Torts (Breach of Fiduciary Duty, Contract Interference, Fraud, Misappropriation of Trade Secrets)
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Partnership, Corporate, Joint Venture Disputes
- Writs & Appeals
- We successfully obtained a temporary protective order and writs of attachment for Silvaris Corporation against the defendant, a former customer, who has accrued an unpaid debt in excess of $1 million in received building materials and interest.
- We successfully defended a medical laboratory services account executive who was sued by her former employer, Advanced Medical Analysis, LLC, for breach of contract, misappropriation of trade secrets and unfair competition, and cross-sued AMA for defamation and unfair competition.
- We won a jury award of $630,000 for our client, a Glendale physician, against five former officers and directors of Burbank Family Care, Inc. and $70,000 in punitive damage against two of the defendants for fraudulent asset transfers to an IPA.
- After a year of hard fought litigation in three related matters, we obtained a successful settlement that resolved the complaints of two terminated executives and minority shareholders in the vitamin and food supplement industry for wrongful termination and breach of fiduciary duties.
- We successfully obtained an order compelling the arbitration of the claims against 3D Distribution, LLC, a beverage distribution company that distributes Red Bull, and co-defendant Red Bull North America, Inc., by a distributor in Stanislaus County.
- We obtained a final arbitration award exceeding $1 million for an architect as compensation for his unpaid back salary, accrued vacation, pension plan benefits, stock, attorneys’ fees and costs that he incurred in enforcing his two written contracts with a Los Angeles architecture firm.
- We represent a manufacturer of plastic storage bags with respect to a complaint that it has filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court against a customer for approximately $150,000.
- We have represented a former National Football League player in an action before the United States District Court for the Central District of California to recover money that he sent in response to allegedly fraudulent representations.
3D Distribution, LLC, Martell, NF Energy Saving Corp. of America, ProNet Solutions, Q Safety, Silvaris Corporation