Intellectual property can often be a company’s most valuable asset. That is why clients have trusted us with some of their most significant cases. We have handled intellectual property matters in a range of industries, including entertainment, computer software, healthcare, real estate and accounting. Frequently, we have been able to resolve disputes quickly and efficiently without the need for litigation.
We have handled a significant number of matters before state and federal courts throughout California, Georgia, Florida and North Carolina. We also regularly handle IP matters before administrative tribunals such as the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB).
- Trademark Litigation, Enforcement, Registration and Counseling
- Trade Secrets, Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Patent Infringement, Enforcement
- Copyright Infringement, Registration, Counseling, Licensing and Rights of Publicity
- Unfair Competition
- Litigation Involving IP Rights Under Contract
- In matters currently pending before the Northern District of Georgia and the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, we represent HomeLife Realty Services, Inc., an international real-estate franchisor in a trademark dispute against one of the largest homebuilders in Atlanta. The matters involve unique issues of “reverse confusion,” a situation where a large junior user of a trademark creates confusion in the market by using a smaller senior user’s trademark.
- We represented Eastland Medical Group, Inc., a healthcare provider, in an arbitration proceeding against three of its former primary-care physicians; we prevailed on claims for misappropriation of trade secrets and breach of contract, and recovered damages, costs, and attorney’s fees.
- We represented the same healthcare provider in obtaining a preliminary injunction against one of the largest healthcare providers in California.
- We represented Realty World America, Inc., an international organization of independently owned and operated real estate brokerage offices, in several trademark litigation matters arising from infringement of our client’s marks.
- We currently represent a producer of modular fluid treatment systems in a patent infringement action pending in the United States District Court for the Central District of California.
- We currently represent an inventor of equestrian equipment against a co-inventor for fraudulently denying our client’s patent, trademark and copyright rights.
- We registered service marks on behalf of an accounting company.
- We successfully opposed a motion for preliminary injunction in Los Angeles Superior Court against a medical laboratory sales representative in connection with a claim by her former employer that she misappropriated its trade secrets and engaged in unfair competition, leading to a favorable settlement for our client.
- After successfully opposing a motion for summary judgment, we obtained favorable settlements on behalf of four individuals accused of trademark and copyright infringement of a software title.
- We represented an individual investor in an unfair competition suit against a motion picture distribution company and obtained a judgment against the company and its president.
- We represented a producer of database software in a copyright infringement action against a record label and a competing software manufacturer, obtaining a settlement favorable to our client.
- We assisted franchisors in enforcing their trademarks against former franchisees who failed to cease and desist use of the franchisors’ trademarks.
HomeLife Realty Services, Inc., Realty World America, Inc., Selecto, Inc., Eastland Medical Group, Inc., miACCESO